Reload this Page >

Canal Cruises in France

Search

Canal Cruises in France

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2000, 07:10 PM
Rod

Canal Cruises in France

Just starting to investigate the possibility of cruising a canal in France late November this year. Does anyone have any info?

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 03:50 PM
julie c.

Rod: Check out the following website- <BR>www.pariscanal.com as it has info on trips on the canal st.martin in paris but it also includes links to canal trips in france as well as around europe. I enjoyed the site as it was informative. Good Luck.

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 04:27 PM
Mary

We did a canal trip this past October and had a blast. We used Locaboat Plaisance (www.locaboat.com). I just checked out their 2000 brochure and the last cruise for the season if the first week in November. Most of the other companies were done for the season while we were there. Also, the weather begins to deterioate. We wound up with the tail end of Hurricane Irene (who traveled from Florida up the Gulf Stream to England and then down to France. <BR> <BR>The whole trip, nonetheless was outstanding. Hope this helps.

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 05:32 PM
Ann

Rod, four of us traveled down the Burgundy canal in September a couple of years ago, and it was wonderful.. we used a British firm called Connoisseur Cruises, which has a U.S. contact in Colorado, I believe. The best part is, of course, that the people who run the business in France (lots of locations) speak English - a real plus for us! We speak about 5 words of French, but had no problem at all on the canals or throug the locks and it was one of the greatest vacations we've ever taken. The boats Connoisseur has are very nice, lots of choices (ours had 2 bedrooms/2 baths - 1 in each end with a slide-back top in the center). Weather in the fall, as elsewhere in Europe, is perfect, although November could be rugged. Check out the Connoisseur website at connoisseurcruises.co.uk... I'm sure they can provide the phone number, or let me know and I can look through old papers. Good luck!

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 06:38 AM
lin

Just got this mailing: <BR>"Deluxe Hotel Barging in Burgundy, France for $1999 including air and hotel in <BR>Paris plus 6 night/7 day cruise with fabulous gourmet food, wine, bar drinks <BR>and sightseeing. Nov.3, 10,17, &24 <BR>For information: <BR>http://www.bvassociates.com/cgi" I just came back in late March from a similar trip. Just wonderful!! Highly-recommended. (This year is the first they are trying these "off season" trips with special rates.) <BR>

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 07:32 AM
terri

We just returned from 3 weeks in France and one of those weeks we spent on the Canal du Midi with friends who have their own boat. It was quite lovely and very relaxing. I know that there are a lot of rental companies - one we saw I believe is called the Blue Line- an England based company. I also know that many people take on guests on their own boats. You just need to do a lot of research. I am not sure how successful you will be in Novemeber- we were in southern France and our friends say that they quit by the beginning of October. Make sure your boat has some sort of heat!