I'm a Canadian student (permanent resident) going to Vienna, Austria this February for the spring/summer semester. I'm just readying all of the visa documents now and I had a few questions. I'm a little overwhelmed and need to send this within the next two days, so I sincerely appreciate anyone's help!
These questions are all based on the list of "Visa D" requirements as outlined here:
1) Regarding the required documents "+Valid and signed passport" and "original permanent residence card or long-term Canadian visa (except visitor visa) in passport+", do we need to supply the originals here or can they be photocopies of the passport etc? Second, what even is the "original permanent residence card"?! (sorry...)
2) Regarding +"visas of countries you intend to visit after your stay in Austria"+ - I would likely be travelling to Germany and other Schengen countries after my stay in Vienna, but not for another few months. I need to send in my visa now (I leave in under 3 weeks) so I don't have time to secure these visas, but they would all be Schengen countries anyway. Would it be okay to apply for my Schengen after? OR, could I apply for my Schengen visa simultaneously with this "Visa D"?
Lastly, I am sending these visas awfully late, I'm hoping to but may not receive the confirmation before my departure. As a canadian permanent resident will they still let me into the country without this visa? I'll be landing in Munich, Germany and transitting into Austria from there - would I need a visa to get around Germany too?
Any help is greatly appreciated...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 3 Which Area in London?
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 8 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 1st time to Europe
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Paris Apartment
- 15 Trains - website?
- 16 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 17 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 18 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 19 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 20 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 21 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 22 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 23 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 24 Getting around Lisbon
- 25 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
Canadian student going to Vienna, Austria on Exchange - Visa Questions