Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can you help me contact www.tuscany-villas.net?

Old Aug 16th, 2005, 06:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We booked a villa (La Capanna in San Giovanni d'Asso) through www.tuscany-villas.net. Their website has now disappeared and our e-mails are being returned to us as undeliverable. I am hoping to find a telephone number for them so we can contact them to confirm receipt of our final payment (we sent a money order).

There is another website at www.villas.tuscany.it, which appears to be the new website for www.tuscany-villas.net so I have sent an e-mail to them, but I've not received a reply as yet (there is no telephone number on the site so if anyone has one I would apprecaite it). The strange thing is that the .it website appears identical to the .net website we booked through except that the villa we rented is no longer posted there.

I am hoping this is just a change of website problem and nothing worse! Any assistance you can provide with contacting them would be appreciated.

Thanks very much! - K
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 05:15 PM

Suggest you run a google search. La Capanna shows up on a few websites. Perhaps you can get additional information from one of these sites and, if lucky, a contact phone number. Good Luck.
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 05:32 PM

I just checked www.tuscany-villas.net and it showed up with La Capanna listed as one of their rentals. The site must have been down. Have a great trip!
Old Aug 16th, 2005, 06:02 PM

K

Because I do a good deal of freelance work for a villa rental company in Tuscany, I was interested in your problem. I went over the www.tuscany-villas.net webpage, and found this page explaining the way they do business:

http://www.tuscany-villas.net/company/site_use.html

I was a bit surprised by some of their disclaimers, and since they only direct you to the actual villa owners and provide no phone numbers, I think I would be sure to get in touch with the villa owners soon, if I were you.

Just my thoughts... I'm sure your vacation is safe, but I would want to know whom I was dealing with.
Old Aug 17th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!

I did a search for La Capanna and found a website with an e-mail - I tried it and it turned out to be the owner who assured me our rental was a go.

I have since heard from tuscany-villas.net and was informed they had been having website difficulties and they are now up and running again.

K