Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Can you bypass the Bancotel Website for booking?

Can you bypass the Bancotel Website for booking?

Jan 20th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Can you bypass the Bancotel Website for booking?

So, we will be in Spain the last part of May. I was looking forward to using Bancotel coupons for some of my hotels. The problem is Bancotel is only booking through March of this year(still using 2005 coupons)and 2006 bookings won't be available until sometime in February. I'm a nervous planner and don't really want to wait that long to book. So... Can you just email the hotels that accept the coupons and ask if they accept the coupons on the certain day and book through the hotel, or does it have to be through the site?
Jan 20th, 2006, 03:21 PM

i have called the hotel directly in the past, but once or twice recently they obligated me to go through website or their reservation number ( which is VERY expensive to call.. some special charge per minute), or, i call a travel agent friend who doesn't charge me to make the reservation.

if the rooms aren't even up on the board yet, I wonder if the staff will even know what their hotel is doing, what days, etc.

maybe these decisions haven't been made yet. give it a try, but if no one is able to make the reservations, I don't think waiting a few weeks can be a real problem.

If you are going during a festival, the hotel will not be offering bancotel rooms anyway.

make a cancellable reservation elsewhere, and check into their website in february.

and good luck. i love a bargain, too!

but sometimes you can get breakfast and tax included for little more at www.gtahotels.com
or www.solmelia.com
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

ttt

Search this Thread