By mistake, last year in France, we bought a locked tri-band cell phone at a very busy Orange store in Avignon. Even though Larry, my husband, speaks French, somehow we realized several days later that we had purchased a phone locked to Orange.
My primary question is whether we can unlock the phone. Also, since we visit other countries, and if we cannot unlock the phone, can we buy an Orange SIM card for those countries? We are going to Italy in the fall, and would like to use the cell phone there, but without huge roaming charges.
We have started traveling for longer periods of time now that Larry is retired. Since we would eventually like to have 2 phones, perhaps there is another way to do this. Any thoughts?
Thanks you for helping with yet another cell-phone question.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 2 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 5 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 6 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 7 Sleep at Heathrow
- 8 Rail vs. Plane
- 9 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 10 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 Self Drive UK tour
- 13 Where to See Flamenco
- 14 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 15 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 16 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 17 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 18 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 19 Airport Transfer
- 20 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 23 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 24 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 25 Arezzo - how much time?