Search

Can't find trains from Bath to York

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can't find trains from Bath to York

Hello,
I am having trouble finding the train times from Bath to York. I've looked on trainline.com and on the National Rail site. It doesn't matter what day, I am just looking for an approximate time of travel. I wish to leave early in the AM on a weekday though. Does anyone have a suggestion, or perhaps know the time length. Thank you, Staci
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 12:54 PM

The nationalrail.co.uk site is not searching properly. Go use www.bahn.de and it will give you the itinerary.

Bath to Bristol takes about 15 minutes with very frequent trains. Then, Bristol-York takes 3:45, with train every hour.

You can also transfer in London, and takes about the same total time. However, that involves going from Paddington to King's Cross. I'd do the Bristol connection instead.
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 04:20 PM

rkkwan has given you the routes. I'm guessing that your problem with trainline.com and nationalrail.co.uk was that you entered Bath rather than Bath Spa as your departure station. Only Bath Spa works. I just used the Journey Planner at the national rail site and was given both the route through Bristol and the route through London.
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 05:46 PM

Mmmm .. Bath to York eh. Well best bet is to go to http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/ This is the national rail journey planner and is the ONLY way to find travel on trains in the UK

Bath and York are not on any major link. There is a mainline in the East and one in the West both go north South. Traveling Diagonally or across the country is a bit of a nightmare by rail. I would recommend a car for a day to do it really.

If you are looking for accommodation try http://www.bath-hotels-cheap.com and http://www.york-united-kingdom.co.uki/hotels/ respectively. Both are good site with some good reviews etc to read through before you book.

Old Aug 15th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for all the help. I think the site may just have been down when I first looked. I too prefer the Bristol connection so as to avoid the tube component.

My trip is London 1 week, Bath 2 nights, York 3 nights. I hope to fly into LHR and out of MAN. I see that the train to Manchester is 1.5 hours. Will this let out anywhere near the airport, or do I need a taxi from there?

Thank you.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 12:52 PM

Here is a quote from the Manchester airport site: "During the day there are six trains an hour into the city centre and up to four through the night. Trains run to Manchester Piccadilly rail station and take approximately 15-20 minutes, many continue onto Oxford Road, Deansgate and Salford Crescent stations. From Manchester Piccadilly you can connect onto rail services countrywide." And here is a link to the page from qhich the quote is taken: http://tinyurl.com/9mqsf.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much Tim!