Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can Someone tell my fiance' and I would like to know What Hotel to stay at when we go to Paris? We will be on our honeymoon.

Search

Can Someone tell my fiance' and I would like to know What Hotel to stay at when we go to Paris? We will be on our honeymoon.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 01:09 PM
giovanna

Hello my fiance and I would like to know if someone could recommend what hotel to stay at when we go to Paris this fall.We want to stay in the Latin Quarter. And be close to all the sights.We will be staying for 5 days. Also has anyone else used a fodors book to go to Paris and have found it useful for them to get around Paris to find what they are looking for.And also where are good places to eat.What is the weather like at the end of September?.I hope someone can help us out.<BR><BR>Thanks giovanna.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Ryan

While not the Latin Quarter, my wife and I really like the Hotel Buci Latin on Rue d'Buci in St. Germain. (A relatively close walk to the LQ.) Small, very hip hotel with nice rooms. If you want to spend a few more dollars, L'Hotel is a good choice.<BR><BR>The Fodors guide book is good as is the Frommer's book. For restaurants, we have found the most accurate guide to be the Paris edition of Zagat. You can access the information on the web at www.zagat.com.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Rich

<BR><BR>Our favorite in the Latin Quarter is Hotel de Fleurie . about a half block off St. Germaine. We were there early September one year and the weather was great, but you just never know that time of the year. We were in shirt sleeves the whole week even though we had rain a couple of nights.<BR><BR>Have not used the Fodor's book, but the hotels have really good maps for free that beat anything I bought. My favorite books are the "rough Guide" series. very practical and thorough. <BR><BR>There are so many good restaurants that I would not know where to start. Our usual routine is to just wander about until we find one we like. Don't always get in the first nite, but if you go early (7:30 or so) chances you will get a table.<BR><BR>Website: <BR>http://www.hotel-de-fleurie.tm.fr/<BR><BR>Hope this is helpful . . Rich

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 02:59 PM
Julie

We have stayed at Hotel de Notre Dame on Rue Maitre Albert and at Hotel Parc St. Severin on Rue de la Parchemenarie both in the 5th arrondisement/the Latin Quarter. Both are very nice hotels. Parc St. Severin has larger rooms if you're willing to pay $168 US but both have smaller rooms for about $115 US. There are many good restaurants in the vicinity of both of them, especially the Atelier Maitre Albert, Abelard, Les Bouchons de Francois Clerc. If you want more detail on any of this, please e-mail me.

Old Mar 8th, 2002, 03:21 PM
giovanna

Thanks for the information.By the way we are from Canada.We almost forgot We want to spend about $150.00 a night to $200.00. Thanks to all that gives us all the good tips and advice. <BR><BR>giovanna & Roberto