Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can someone recommend a nice hotel right on the beach in Greece or Greek Islands for honeymoon?

Search

Can someone recommend a nice hotel right on the beach in Greece or Greek Islands for honeymoon?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 06:54 AM
alisa

Hi, I was wondering if someone could recommend a nice hotel right on the beach in Greece or Greek Islands for our honeymoon that is still reasonably priced. Thanks in advance. Additionally, where could I find great airfare deals to Greece. I'm assuming I would have to fly into Athens first.

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 07:19 AM
lisa

Try the Greece message boards. There were several postings there on places in the Greek Isles a couple of weeks ago.

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 08:21 AM
sue mn

i love greece! <BR>santorini is my favorite, i have been there 5 times. check out hotel loucas, they have their own website, we have stayed there three times, including our honeymoon

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 05:50 PM
Michele

We were just at Petasos Bay/Beach Hotel on Platy Yialos beach in Mykonos. ([email protected]) Beautiful views, clear blue water - just lovely. Right next door is a lower priced version - Hotel Nassaki- looked very similar but without hottub etc which you don't really need anyway.

Old Sep 29th, 2001, 01:03 AM
Aurora

If you want seclusion.... try the Maganari Hotel in Ios. No roads , you have to take a boat to the hotel. Prices all included breakfast lunch and dinner. You can arrange a private picnic on a beach just the two of you.

Old Oct 3rd, 2001, 12:22 AM
di

Just returned from Santorini.....what a magical and romantic island. We stayed in Oia which is fantastic.....great restaurents and hotels....and of course the sunsets..... <BR>We stayed at the Oia Mare...on the cliff edge over looking the caldera.....it was out of this world. <BR>Wish I was still there!!

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 12:39 PM
STAN

I was on the island of Mykonos and stayed at the Mykonos Grand...Beautiful <BR>deluxe property that has just recently opened. It is on the beach and about a 8-10 minuted cab ride to Mykonos Town. <BR>Would highly recommend the property! <BR>beautiful pool area and faces the Island of Delos.

Old Oct 5th, 2001, 03:32 PM
CJ

Hotel Elounda Mare in Crete. Very romantic, and considered by some to be the best hotel in Greece. We stayed there 2 years ago and loved it.