Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where to rent car in Munich near train station?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be staying at Kings Center Hotel in Munich (near train station) and will rent a car for 5 days for travel to Frankfurt. Any recommended companies close by such as Avis, Hertz, etc.?
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 07:11 PM

There are offices for several rental car companies IN the main Munich train station. They are up on the second level. I rented from Sixt one year and that was where I went to sign the papers.

The car itself was some distance away in a parking garage. The joke was that it was upstairs over a vacant lot. It was hard to find in the dark when I did not know the area, I will say that much!!

Major companies like Hertz and Avis have more than one location in Munich.

You can check with Avis and Hertz locations if you wish. But my recall is that most if not all the big boys had rental booths up a flight of stairs in the main station.
Old Mar 22nd, 2005, 09:33 PM

You may pay a surcharge on a rental from a train station, just like an airport surcharge.

We rented in Munich, it was Avis, don't remember the address. But it was super easy to get to on the subway and was easy to find our way to the autobahn.

I'm thinking that it was Nymphenburger Strasse 61 - MC1. Literally steps from the subway stop.

Of course, if money is not a concern, there is an Avis location at the Bahnhof.
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 04:22 AM

please, is the rent a car in the city of Munich cheaper than the airport?

How's the difference?

I have a plan to take a car from Munich and will be delivered at the airport in Paris
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 06:25 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Makntosh: welcome to fodors. Instead of attaching your question to an eight year old thread, you should start a new one of your own. See ' start a new topic ' link at the top of the page.
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM

makntosh, in case you don't create a new post, which is a good idea. However, unlike Janis who is very observant, many of us don't look at the date of the first posting and just reply to the question like I am

In Germany we found our best price for a car rental was through gemut, which is a consolidator like Autoeurope and Kemwel. We picked up our car in Cologne and dropped it at the train station in Munich. Deborah