Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Can I trust "Enjoy Rome" Tours?--We leave tomorrow!! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/can-i-trust-enjoy-rome-tours-we-leave-tomorrow-530553/)

AlmostinRome May 20th, 2005 01:54 PM

Can I trust "Enjoy Rome" Tours?--We leave tomorrow!!

I have read some negative posts about this tour company. I have read that they cancel without notice, or cancel at the site.

I have of course heard of other more expensive tour companies, but we want a tour comparable in price to EnjoyRome.

Would you suggest I go with ICON tours, or another company? Or should I relax and trust Enjoy Rome.

Thanks...we leave tomorrow and I am just coming across this negative feedback.

awbaker May 20th, 2005 02:07 PM

Almost - I posted a negative review on Enjoy Rome, but then after looking through my notes, I realized it was actually Roman Promenade which canceled our tour!! We had ALMOST booked with Enjoy Rome, but the schedule worked better with Roman Promenade. I feel bad that I misled you or others regarding our bad experience which was NOT with Enjoy Rome, and I will post something on that other post to correct my statement.

Have a wonderful trip!! If you do end up taking the Enjoy Rome tour, it would be great if you could follow up with a review.

AlmostinRome May 20th, 2005 02:55 PM

Thanks for clearing that up!

So I guess I will just assume that the tours are ok. But if anyone has had any bad experiences...PLEASE let me know.

Either way, it has encouraged us to have a backup plan for a tour in case they do cancel.

Thanks again.

btewalt May 20th, 2005 08:06 PM

AlmostinRome--
I didn't use Enjoy Rome, but can recommend Through Eternity, and Context Rome Tours. Called Through Eternity and was able to book a Colliseum tour for the next day. Enjoy your trip!

kswl May 20th, 2005 08:17 PM

Our Enjoy Rome tour of the Vatican was not value for money. We waited in line with the tour guide more than an hour, wasting a good part of our "three hour" tour. (My understanding had been that she would take us in through a tour group line with no waiting, but that didn't happen.) The guide was moderately interesting, a charming young woman, but she did not illuminate any great works of art, ideas, great moments in history, etc. It was an adequate tour, nothing more.

mermaid_ May 20th, 2005 09:03 PM

We used EnjoyRome a year and a half ago, for their their evening tour. It was very enjoyable. It was nothing in depth, but for 20€ we didn't expect a scholarly expedition! It was a pleasant introduction to Rome and we felt we were well entertained for what we paid for. I wouldn't worry about using them. They also booked tickets for the Borghese Museum for us, which is a nice courtesy they extend for people who go on their tours.

motor_city_girl May 22nd, 2005 04:09 AM

We had a combo Vatican/Catacombs tour booked with EnjoyRome that was cancelled when the Pope passed and they never called us to let us know. We stood outside our hotel room for 35 minutes at 7 AM waiting for them. We tried to call them but their office did not open until 10 AM.

After making our way to Vatican City ourselves and realizing it was closed, we finally got a hold of them. They told us the first part of the tour was cancelled because of the Pope's passing and that they would pick us up for the Catacombs tour for the PM. That tour was fine but our guide BARELY spoke English. I would not recommend them.

We LOVED ICON for our Anciet Rome Tour. Highly recommend them.