Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can I get a taxi that takes Credit Cards at the Madrid airport?

May 12th, 2005, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

I am going to Madrid for the first time (on a biz trip) and would like to take a taxi from the airport to my hotel and pay with a credit card. I know I can usually do this in other cities (London and Paris), but don't know about Madrid.

I know there are cheaper alternatives, but in this case I am more interested in the convenience of not having to change money since I won't need any while I am there.

Anyone know? Thanks!
May 12th, 2005, 07:45 PM

have not seen that yet here in spain. maybe a local from madrid can verify. i live elsewhere and did not try to pay with credit card my last trip.

May 12th, 2005, 07:55 PM

If you preorder a shuttle with this company, you reserve by credit card. But I don't know how you actually pay -you'd have to email and ask.

http://www.aerocity.com/
May 13th, 2005, 12:07 AM

Hi Lisa,
there are some taxis that accept credit cards, but not all of them, and it would be a little bit complicated to be selecting taxis on the queue ...

I know you donīt want to change money, but ... why donīt you get 100 Euros or so at the ATMīs in the airport? You will certainly be able to use them.

And, if you are not carrying a lot of luggage, and the hotel is near a metro station, and you donīt mind getting it ... you can buy your tickets with a credit card Depending on your arrival time and your location, a metrobus 10 journeys card for only 5,80 beats a 20 euros fare from the airport ...

Rgds, Cova
May 13th, 2005, 03:41 AM

You won't need any money while you are there???? At all???? Are you planning to tip the housekeeper in your hotel with a credit card..or are you not the tipping kind? Walk everywhere or pay every cab you take with a credit card? Buy gelato with a credit card???

C,mon..there is definitely a "story" behind this trip....