Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can anyone tell me about staying at the Hospitel Hotel Dieu next to Notre Dame ?

Search

Can anyone tell me about staying at the Hospitel Hotel Dieu next to Notre Dame ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone tell me about staying at the Hospitel Hotel Dieu next to Notre Dame ? The rooms are in a hospitel.Thank you in advance,George.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 06:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
A relative of mine stayed there a few years ago and said it was great. You are in a different wing as I recall.
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 05:52 AM

I'm considering this hotel but there are no room pictures? Anyone else have experiences there or know someone who has since this was posted last year? Thanks.
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 09:27 AM

I've got the following info in my Paris file, it came from
National Geographic Traveler magazine, timeout.com, and Great Sleeps in Paris book.

www.hotel-hospitel.com/ang/accueil.htm
Gorgeous 19th century building with an inner courtyard with a fountain. All the comforts of an excellent businesss hotel, including room service. The catch is that it is part of a city hospital, but on the 6th floor in a quiet wing. One of the best accommodations deals in Paris.All rooms have sloping ceilings, some have a view of Notre Dame. Large bathtubs, no hair dryers. Two rooms are adaped for the disabled. Breakfast served in the room, additional fee. 14 rooms. Extensive room service menu, room safes, knowledgeable staff.
The hotel is used by families of the hospital?s in-patients and medical staff who have priority and usually take up about half the hotel?s capacity. That distinctive hospital smell is not overpowering, the rooms are spotless and you couldn?t ask for a better sightseeing base. The hotel has a great deal going for it. Dynamite location?contemporary rooms?quiet and air conditioned?absolutely spotless?low prices are amazing?closet and drawer space not geared to long stays?a/c, elevator, tv, room service., credit cards.
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 01:10 PM

The magazine "France" did an article about it a couple of years ago. If they have a web site, you could do a search. It looked very interesting and we thought about it, but I lost the article.

If you go, let us know what it was like.
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 03:02 PM

I'm amazed!! I just can't believe there's a hotel inside the Hotel-Dieu (the name dates back to the middle-age and has nothing to do with it being a hotel), and that tourists can actually stay there.

Without the comments in this thread, I would have believed it was a joke, and would have bet big money on it.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 08:38 AM
msc

I've stayed there 3 times and I have reservations for the end of March, 2004.
It's great. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the bathrooms are large.
The staff are interns and are very helpful. The location can't be beat. You are 100 ft from Notre Dame - literally. Your just above a main Metro and RER station. The hospital has a beautiful courtyard. I've stayed in room 10. It has a view out of the mansard roof window of Notre Dame. The price is great also.
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 04:00 PM

Thanks, MSC. I'll pass this along. Sounds great.
Old Feb 2nd, 2004, 05:58 AM

Thanks to ELAINE, for the info on this place. After reading it, I immediately booked a room via website/email with the hospital, and am confirmed for our summer trip. The confirmation states that the main doors are locked after 10 PM, so you have to enter via the emergency room entrance ( should be some interesting photo opportunities this trip)
Old Mar 1st, 2004, 04:27 AM

PLEASE return here and post a review when you return.