Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

can anyone recommend a cabaret showin paris. moulin rouge maybe?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 02:06 PM
barbara mcdowall

i am going to paris in december and would like to go to a show. thought about the moulin rouge or the lido or crazy horse. has anyone been to any of this shows and are they worth the money if you have a meal as well.would be grateful for any info <BR>regards barbara.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 02:28 PM
Linda

We went to a dinner show at the Moulin Rouge.In my opinion, it was not worth the price. The food was so-so, and watching a bunch of topless women strut around was tiresome!!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 02:51 PM
Mike

I agree with Linda. Lido is much the same, but a more modern version. Never been to crazy horse.<BR><BR>If push comes to shove, have a nice meal out and then take in the show only, if you must.<BR><BR>Good Luck!!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:18 AM
lorraine

My husband and I saw the Lido show. What a waste of time and money. We wanted to see something very french and saw some Americanized version of a French show. Save your $$ and don't go to this one.

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 06:26 AM
StCirq

It's nothing like the Lido or Moulin Rouge, but it IS Paris's oldest cabaret - Le Lapin Agile. A uniquely Parisian experience.<BR><BR>http://digilander.libero.it/carlafm/...opa/paris3.htm

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 07:12 AM
Sue

I hesitated to mention Au Lapin Agile since it is so different from Lido, etc., but here's a second vote for it. It's a fun evening, reminiscent of a bygone era!

Old Aug 22nd, 2002, 08:34 AM
matt

Save the shows for a Las Vegas trip. There's so much more interesting things to do in Paris as well as better places to spend your money for a good meal.<BR>