Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Campo de Fiori?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/campo-de-fiori-182255/)

lara Aug 29th, 2001 02:20 PM

Campo de Fiori??

Couple of questions.... <BR> <BR>Will be on honeymoon in Rome, and am trying to book my accommodations. I have the opportunity to book a little apartment in the Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navona area of Rome. <BR> <BR>Do you guys out there think that this would be #1...a good area, and #2...a good way to go (or should we find a hotel??)? I though it could be fun to do some cooking for ourselves, and more original than a hotel. Neither of us has been to rome. <BR> <BR>Thanks!!

Sue Aug 29th, 2001 04:07 PM

Fabulous area. Cook breakfast--go out to eat. Comgrats!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Aug 29th, 2001 04:27 PM

Overall a good area, colorful. Lots of 'life' in the streets. The downside of that is that it can be a bit noisy in the evening as there are many restaurants, bars, people. That's an upside rather than a downside for many. <BR> <BR>I think you'll enjoy your stay in the apartment in that area. <BR> <BR>And congratulations on starting a new life together. I can't think of a better city in which to begin! <BR> <BR>twenj

Topping Aug 29th, 2001 04:57 PM

It's what I do, man.........

Leslie Aug 29th, 2001 09:06 PM

The only downside of an apartment, unless you are staying for several weeks - is that it can be a bit isolating. Hotels have lobbies and breakfast rooms where there are other people. For my money, half the benefit of travel is meeting the people..a nice cozy homey B & B with very welcoming hosts sounds nice to me - such as La Residenza.

Bob Aug 30th, 2001 03:01 AM

Hi, Lara! <BR> <BR>You will love those areas, especially Piazza Navona. My wife and I stayed at Residenza San Pantaleo at the end of May and loved its convenience and price. It sits right between both Camp and Navona. <BR> <BR>Check their website: www.residenzasanpantaleo.com <BR> <BR>It's a B/B, not an apartment so it may not be what you are looking for. <BR> <BR>Wherever you wind up, you will love that area of Rome. <BR> <BR>A happy life to both of you! <BR> <BR>Bob

Karen Aug 30th, 2001 04:04 AM

Food shopping at Campo dei fiori is one of the things I enjoy most in Rome, and you really need an apartment with a kitchen of your own to enjoy that. Honeymooners may not need much of the company of others, so I think you will probably be OK there. You might miss the services of hotel staff for help with reservations, calling taxis, directions to places, etc., since it's your first time to Rome. That's the only down side I can see, except for no daily maid to make your bed. For two people, you probably won't save much money by opting for the apartment, unless you have some special deal. You will love Rome whichever way you choose, and you're definitely in the right neighborhood!

Lara Aug 30th, 2001 10:44 AM

Thank you all for the great advice! <BR> <BR> Since ROme will be the first 3 nights of our honeymoon, I think it is safe to say that we won't really mind being a little isolated! ;) And the fact that it will be a little noisy due to bars/restaurants/etc sound awesome to me! I want to be right in the middle of it all!! <BR> <BR>I am going to book a little apartment, in Campo, since the price is about the same (or even a bit less expensive, to my surprise!) as a hotel or B&B! We will then use hotels or B&Bs for the rest of our trip, since Rome seems to be the only place that it is really easy to get an apartment for less than a week. <BR> <BR>Thanks again :) <BR>Lara