Campania in June, July, September

Sep 21st, 2017, 11:08 AM
Original Poster
Campania in June, July, September

We've just got back from a trip to Cilento in early September. The weather was glorious, 26 degrees with warm seas. We did have a couple of rainy/stormy days but 5 hot days. The Cilento was the right amount of busy for us, i.e. not that busy at all, but not deserted either.

I am aware that the current weather all around the world is going crazy and this might have affected weather systems in Europe too, but right after we returned, the weather in Cilento changed, the sea went quite rough and the beach umbrellas and dun loungers2 on our little Ficocella beach in Palinuro were taken up.

Early September was perfect, but I'm wondering about other times in Cilento too, for our next trip. Does anyone have experience of Cilento region in late June, early July and early September? We'd like warm weather, warm sea for swimming and no crowds. Im assuming early July will be the warmest of those 3 times but will it be busier than early September or just the same? Will mid June be chillier and much quotes?
Sep 21st, 2017, 11:42 AM
Ypu've got it right that the weather is now full of surprises. From summer to summer it is really quite difficult to predict when the heat will set in for a stretch or when there might be persistent rain or chill winds.

You can use this weather archive for Salerno to get an idea to what extent you are trying to nail down a soap bubble.

Search this Thread