I had posted a similar question along with another post but decided to make this a post in itself because I am somewhat hesitant about using my good camera in Barcelona.
I have been reading a lot about pickpockets and safety of items in Barcelona. I don't scare too easily but I am concerned. I always travel with my Nikon D90 DSLR camera with a fairly big lens and maybe another lens strapped over my arm. I carry my camera on my chest with special gear called a cottoncarrier. The camera basically attaches to a clamp on a vest on my chest. I pull it off to shoot.
My question is do I ditch the camera and just use a point and shoot. I don't really want to do this. My passion is street photography and Barcelona would be such a good subject.
When the the groups of pickpocketers see a camera, a couple holding a map and blue jeans that really does scream TOURIST, HERE I AM COME GET MY STUFF.
Any suggestions or precautions would be helpful.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 2 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Family vacation
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 8 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 9 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 10 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 11 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 12 Tips for first trip to UK
- 13 which language school in Italy?
- 14 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 15 Driving
- 16 Dubrovnik
- 17 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 18 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 19 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 20 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 21 Christmas Markets 2017
- 22 Budget trip
- 23 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 24 Algarve Town Selection
- 25 paris to london- day trip