Cambridge UK Short Term Apt. to Rent

Old Nov 14th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cambridge UK Short Term Apt. to Rent

Hi,

We will be in Cambridge next summer mid-July through August. We are looking for an apartment to rent for 4-5 weeks. We need 2 bdrms, one with twin beds and laundry facilities. We must also be walking distance to center city.

This will be our 3rd summer in Cambridge, and the past 2 times we have stayed in a lovely apartment on Brooklands Avenue, right behind Botanic Gardens. We loved this location. The owners recently sold both units though.

I have used google to try and find options but nothing turns up that fits our needs (only a few, all too small, too far, etc). VRBO does not have Cambridge listings. I am aware of Cambridge Apartments, but the locations seems a little far out--the one that works is off Cherry Hinton down Hills Road. Apparently a 45 minute walk to center city. We would like to be closer.

If anyone has any suggestions I am grateful! Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 12:44 PM

Have you tried the tourist bureau? I don't remember the name of it, but some years ago we found an apartment through them for several months. Perhaps if you do some creative googling you will find it.

We had a small apartment on the second floor of a private house on Stretton Avenue. A walk across Jesus Green too us to the center.
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

JTRandolph,

Wow, across from Jesus Green...you can't get a better location than that! I will try the Tourist Office again, although I did this summer while we were there. We knew the owners were selling, so we also looked in the yellow pages and made some inquiries. But they all wanted 6 month leases. We are just there for 4-5 weeks.
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 03:32 AM

StephCar

East of England Tourist Board www.eastofengland.com

Look at "self catering" for short term stays or "flat" when you google.

Good luck. I hope you will report back to help others.

Sandy
Old Nov 15th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Original Poster

Sandy,

Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out. And I will absolutely report back. Just saw a detailed write up on a flat in London, super helpful. I plan to do something along those lines.

Steph