Calvi ... logistics and advice for Corsica in general

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2018, 05:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi ... my wife and I plan to spend a month in France this summer. Our first week is to stay in a flat in Calvi, Corsica. We've reserved a flat in town, close to the beach. Given that we'd have just arrived from the US, our thoughts are to mix relaxing on the beach a few days with walking/shopping around Calvi, a day of cycling for me and some driving in the countryside for sightseeing. Any thoughts on this approach are appreciated. We are slo-lane travelers and enjoy going to the market, sit outside in the warmth, we enjoy food, wine, cooking and people watching.

When we arrive to CLY airport on a Saturday, my preference is to hire a taxi or bus from the airport (CLY) to the apartment in Calvi. I'd rather not have to deal with a car for the first few days. But when we do need a car, is there car rental in Calvi or must we go back to the airport to secure one? We assume there is regular taxi or bus service from the airport to town on Saturday, but can someone please confirm? Also, what is the shopping like in Calvi? Are there many cafe's, shops, markets, et al? I will do further research on this but very much appreciate ones personal experience to help guide our plans.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Ciao ... Dorm