Here is my situation:
I will be studying in Paris for the next 8 months, and I will also be teaching English part-time.
I have an iPhone 4s with Verizon, purchased the $25 per month data roaming plan (for a whopping 100MB) and calling to the US or to France will cost $0.99 per minute. I need a more efficient way to communicate with fellow students in France, my employers or anybody who will want to contact me while I'm in France.
I have downloaded an app called Pinger, that has assigned me a separate US phone number and I can use that to text/call for free to the US over Wi-Fi or data network. (I also know of Skype and Google Voice). So I'm all set to call/text to the US. However, I would love to find an app, or some way that I can get a French phone number (similar to what Pinger, Textfree and other apps do, but in France) forwarded to my iphone so that I can text (hopefully call as well) French phones without being charged or charging the people I am texting.
I don't know if this is possible, but I would love any suggestions! Also, I would like to avoid purchasing another French phone if possible. I did this when I studied abroad for my undergrad, and found it to be a pain to carry two phones. Would love to put that expensive iphone to use! (without unlocking it!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 안전놀이터주소 ● 연결 : pwn22.com.com●가입코드:ctx12▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 Need Car & Driver for Southern Italy
- 3 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 4 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 5 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 6 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 7 Problem with Trip Advisor
- 8 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 9 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 10 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 11 Italy with kids - off the beaten bath
- 12 Driving
- 13 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 14 GTG Paris December 2017
- 15 Paris or Rome dinner recommendations
- 16 Malaga Christmas lights
- 17 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 18 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 19 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 20 Champs E.....no market ‘this year? How will it look?
- 21 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 22 Poland--where else to go
- 23 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 24 5 days in Andalusia
- 25 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips