Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Calling Prue, Janis (and others) re: Georgian House Hotel

Old Aug 26th, 2007, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your replies. I'm interested in the rooms, but also in the apartments the Georgian has listed on their site. I've looked at their pics,but they can be deceiving. What do you think about those apartments? I'm considering the 2 bedroom, but looks like the shower area is actually outside the apartment proper. Think that is an ok set up? The rates are pretty good considering all the extra space. Thanks! Judy
Old Aug 26th, 2007, 10:01 PM

I would think the shower has been added recently - as the apartments are also probably a newer addition to what was originally available at the hotel.
My son certainly enjoyed his stay at the hotel but the rooms are small as are the bathrooms - his rate was 50GBP including a very adequate cooked breakfast - which he thought was good value. There are larger rooms available obviously at greater cost.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Prue. I am getting bleary eyes from so much research for the "perfect" lodging. Hummm--does it exist? Probably not with my moderate budget! Been looking at other apartment sites and have a coupe of other ideas. Found one near Globe Theater. What do you think of that area? T.U.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 07:02 PM

I stayed at Georgian House in 2001. I did ask for a first floor room, and maybe the room I had wasn't up to snuff because I limited my choices, but I was not impressed. The room smelled strongly of bug spray. The toilet was defective.
Old Aug 28th, 2007, 07:20 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
From the description I think the flats are not in the same bldg as the hotel (but are in the same general neighborhood)

Over the years I have stayed in several B&Bs w/ private baths down the hall (as opposed to ensuite) - but I must admit I've never run across an apartment w/ that set up. Lots of London bedsits are like that - but it is unusual for holiday rentals.

If the price is right and you aren't too squeemish about walking down the hall to your private bathroom - the location is good. I might contact them first though to clarify if there is a wc IN the flat and it is just the shower room that is down the hall. Or - if the wc in that bathroom too.