Call of Nature: Humourous Experiences

Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:18 AM
John B

Call of Nature: Humourous Experiences

France seems to have the best and worst in public facilities. Ultra modern stainless steel chic robotic to a hole in the ground without grab bars.
My best experience was in St. Victor-la-Coste. When you flushed you got sprayed in the face because of a leaky pipe. Can anyone top this?

Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:32 AM
edward

On our honeymoon we drove around France and it seemed that the farmers relieved themselves no matter who was driving by and several took delight in waving their appendage at my bride.

Jun 22nd, 2002, 05:56 AM
Catherine

Paris:The light in the bathroom going off while I was in there. It's on a timer so before it goes off always make sure you locate the switch while its on!

Jun 22nd, 2002, 07:35 PM
WhatAWay

Husband's most traumatic experience: Quite inebriated after festival on Naxos, he stepped off the curb to relieve himself by the side of the road only to find it was not a curb, but a 3 foot drop, and he fell on a chicken that was vehemently unhappy about it.

My best experience: Japanese ultra-modern toilets that have an entire control panel next to the seat. They will wash you and dry you and heat the seat for those cold winter nights. Our Japanese host told us one of the buttons translated as "Happy".

Jun 22nd, 2002, 10:10 PM
sandra

i was in cannes last week and took a trip to SanRemo on the way we stopped in menton and i was in desperate need to use the ladies room. I tried many places and each one had a different excuse so i finally tried bribbing. I walked into this very nice looking cafe all very provencal and walked into the back.
I saw a young man and was trying to explain to him that i didn't have time to eat but i woulf give him ten euros to let myself and my mom use the ladies room. I coudln;t understand why he was acting so odd. UNtil i looked down and realized i had interuppted him changing into his work clode and the he was in fact Naked from the waist down.
He was so nervous he couldn;t possible understood what i was trying to ask. Then the manager came took the money and let us use the ladies room.
My tour guide said perhaps if i had offered him 20 euros the outcome would have been differeetn

Jun 22nd, 2002, 10:14 PM
Mavis

Stopped in a hillside village in Greece to use the facilities. My first experience with the hole in the floor. I was so shocked going in I didn't look around me. When I stood up afterwards I turned to my left and looked into the eyes of an accountant - at least he was a guy at an adding machine - in the building immediately! next door. I turned red - he almost yawned - apparently he spent his day watching women's heads disappear/then reappear. Second to that for embarassment was travelling with my sister and mother in Wales. The first day off into the mountains we stopped at a small petrol station because my mother had to go. My sister and I were yapping and didn't realize how long my mother had been gone. When she finally showed up sans neck handkerchief - she explained that she'd hoped one of us would come to find out what was taking her so long and she'd ask us to find some toilet paper. But my sister and I had been so busy talking we hadn't. Goodbye to the handkerchief.

Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:24 AM
tracy

On our first trip to Italy many years ago, our room was quite interesting. We asked for inroom baths on our reservation and we got a lovely room in which the small closet had been completely tiled for a stand up shower with a light bulb in the ceiling. The charming pull cord toilet was on the balcony behind small swing doors to the right. Your head was in view from the bedroom and you could hear the courtyard conversations two stories down. Could they hear us?

Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:31 AM
tracy

This room was in Rome, run by a Australian guy.

Jul 17th, 2002, 04:39 PM
soppie

tp