Notices

Calabria

Aug 10th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Original Poster

Calabria

Hi-I am starting the beginning stages of planning a trip to Calabria. This will be our second trip. Last September we spent 6 nights in Villagia Baia Del Sole in Ricadi, Calabria which is very close to Tropea. We loved this resort located on the beach. We want to visit Calabria but a different beach resort area. Anyone have advice on visiting beautiful Calabria!
Aug 10th, 2014, 05:41 AM

We have been to Calabria many times and still have family there. Tropea is a nice location and the beach area is very beautiful. Another resort area is at Capo Rizzutto and the Le Castella. There are many hotels in the area, but we have never stayed in this zone.

We always stay in Nicastro in Lamezia Terme because this is where my family resides. The Hotel Savant is where we always book. The hotel is modern, cleran, and the staff is fantastic. There restaurant is also very good.

A little north is Gizzeria Lido and Falerna Marino and both areas have a lot of new construction with apartments and condos. My favorite pizzeria in the whole world is the Pizzeria Il Gambero (the shrimp) da Zio Pino, located on SS18 in Falerna Marina. There is also an ever increasing flea market and amusement area along the beach. A great gelatoria is also in Falerna Marino called Cafe Vittoria.

Buon viaggio,
Aug 10th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Thank you this is very helpful! I am so surprised Calabria doesn't get more advice from travelers. The beaches and small towns are so beautiful. My husbands family is from Cosoleto in Reggio. We had a great time exploring this town and want to go back. Your advice will help us find other area to explore.

Search this Thread