Ca' Riccio B&B in Venice.... good? Bad?

Jan 20th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Ca' Riccio B&B in Venice.... good? Bad?

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Ca' Riccio B&B in Venice? What did you think of it if you did?? Any pros or cons? Thanks!
Jan 20th, 2007, 11:10 AM

Haven't stayed there - yet. We are booked there for 3 days in April. I saw good reviews on tripadvisor.com
Jan 21st, 2007, 09:53 AM
Original Poster

I noticed they had decent reviews and seems like a good location... but wanted to see if anyone on here could say one way or the other... I hope it turns out to be a good place for you! Let me know if you liked it if you would? Thanks!
Jan 21st, 2007, 03:14 PM

I'm sure I saw the similar reviews. We chose them due to the quiet location and nice looking, updated rooms. I was pleased by the service, so far. I had to call them to make the reservation; they spoke english, were very friendly and helpful. Hopefully someone who's been there will post. Good luck!!
Jan 21st, 2007, 06:39 PM

My husband and I stayed at Ca'Riccio last year and we loved it. Our room was lovely with a marvelous view of a private courtyard. When you enter the building thru the non-descript outside door from the street, you feel as if you are entering a different world (of private Venice). We thought it was much better than staying in a hotel. Also, we were served breakfast each morning in the room which was very nice.

Two things you should be aware of. First, Ca Riccio is not easy to find. Do not expect any kind of signage out in front of the building and don't hesitate to ask for help since house numbers are quite erratic. When you do find the building, look carefully by the door for the list of residents and their doorbells. We almost missed the fact that Ca Riccio is listed (in very small print) just like any other private resident.

The second thing is that the owners of Ca' Riccio are not always available as a front desk in a hotel would be. This was not a problem for us, but be sure to ask for any info that you need at breakfast time.

I think you will be very pleased with Ca' Riccio. The location is excellent and staying there made me feel more like a resident than just a visitor.