Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Côte d'Azur,The Italian Rivera,Amalfi or Andalucía

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Salam

Hello all,<BR>I know it is every day question and you get bored of that kind of questions,But I need you Help.<BR> My honeymoon will be on the next July,I will travel to London spend 5 nights there,then I do not decided which one of the above regions should I go to spend 2 weeks.I would like to go to the place where I can find the much to do and see and good for honeymooners,I'm thinking of going to milan then I can reach Venice,lake dist. and swiss borders and Italian Rivera as well,or go to Nice and get around the area and montecarlo, or to Naples so I can reach the Amalfi coast, or to Malaga for Andalucia.Or any other suggestions will help.I'm not of the beaches fans but I have to spend sometime on a beach.<BR><BR>What do you think?

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 03:10 AM
Julie

With 2 weeks I'd fly into Milan and do Italian Riviera--Camogli, Rapallo, Santa Margherita Ligure, Portofino--then the Italian Lakes--especially Orta and Como, staying in either Menaggio, Bellagio or Varenna--and then do Venice, the most romantic city in the world. A perfect honeymoon. A little beach time in either of your first two destinations, plenty to see in all three. The other areas are nice too (I've been to all places you list except Malaga) but this would provide he most scenery with the least connection time. My second choice would be he French Rivieral--Nice, Montecarlo, etc. and I'd add in hill towns like St. Paul De Vence. Have a wonderful homeymoon.

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 03:47 AM
Davy

Amalfi is the best then Andalucia...Have great honeymoon

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 07:38 PM
Rita

Salam,<BR>Congradulations on your upcoming marriage.<BR><BR>I've been to all three locations you mention and think they're all wonderful, but since you're going in July, I would be concerned about it being too hot in Andalucia at that time of year. Southern Italy might be rather hot too. Maybe check out the website weatherunderground.com which will give you a history of the weather in all those locations for July.<BR><BR>Have a great trip.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 12:16 AM
upper

UP