BYOW on the Gondola???

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 05:59 PM
Daisy

BYOW on the Gondola???

Can you bring a bottle of wine on a gondola? Also, (and, no, I don't plan to walk around town glass-in-hand), but was interested to know if you can carry a drink to/from here or there in Italy. Forgive me, I'm from New Orleans.

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 06:51 PM
KAM

I thought your question was great! I hadn't thought of it, but specifically during a gondola ride it would be wonderful to have a glass of wine, does anyone know if this is a reality?? <BR><BR>And Daisy, I know what you mean about The Big Easy, everything flows freely there!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Andy

Daisy== YES- You can bring your own wine on a gondola ride! We did it and had a blast! Buy the vino in Venice and some paper cups- and enjoy!

Old Apr 18th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Kay

Daisy,<BR>I can't imagine the Italians would give two hoots if you took wine on the gondola, as long as they get paid! Truly, they seem a very relaxed and easy-going race of people. (Just don't get sloshed and fall in.)<BR>Kay

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:59 AM
kelly

My husband and I just returned from Venice and one fo the higlights was our Gondola ride at dusk WITH a bottle of Prosecco (Italian version of champagne)! Definitely take a Gondola ride - preferably a private one (just you and friend). We took the 45 minute ride of mostly smaller canals and it was 100 Euros - but well worth it. Another tip is to take your ride on a Sunday evening as there are no motorized craft on the smaller canals on Sundays so it is very peaceful and beautiful.<BR><BR>And yes, you can pick up a panini and a beer and enjoy it al fresco. Very civilized (sadly, nothing like it here Canada!) Interestingly we saw no displays of public drunkeness either!<BR><BR>Salute!<BR>

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:16 PM
xxx

Kay honey, the Italians are not a "race of people." They are a nationality.