Paris to Venice by coach

Search

Paris to Venice by coach

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paris to Venice by coach

Hello,we are planning to go toVenice from Paris in mid November by coach so that we admire the scenery and can stop and we want one that is not too costly.We want one with accommodation .We don't have many days ,so,we will be able to spend 1-2 nights in Venice.Is there a group tour which goes to Venice by coach which includes accommodation?

Thank you
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 07:51 AM

Fly---faster and cheaper.
Spend your time at two of the best destinations in the world.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
My reaction to your question was the same as Bob's. November isn't the best time to see the countryside, likely quite dull. On the other hand Venice will look much like itself and have the advantage over the summer with fewer tourists. It would be a shame, in my opinion, to be there just 1 full day or less if you were there just 1 night. Save the coach tour for a warmer weather trip and fly to Venice.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 08:23 AM

I can't believe you want to spend 11 hours on a cramped bus looking at gray sky, gray highways, and leafless trees. This would not be my choice but everyone likes different things.

You need to book 2 or 3 different segments and decide on where you want to stop. Large cities are the best bet. Nice and Milan are 2 choices that make sense.

There are many tours that go to Venice by bus but they most likely do not originate in Paris and will include lots of other places in Italy.

If you need to use public transportation I recommend a train because you can stand up and move around. There is more seat room and much more comfortable. You'll likely see more scenery than you will driving on a highway.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 09:55 AM

Scenery in Nov will be minimal - brown and crunchy, trees with no leaves - and probably not snow in the mountains yet. This would be a wasted and very uncomfortable day. Agree to do buget airline - and have more time in Venice.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 10:02 AM

Ditto what everyone above said. Keep in mind that, aside from the grey landscape, you'll be on a bus with strangers holding loud conversations, snacking, snoring, using the restroom... nothing serene or romantic about that. The plane ride would include all of the annoyances above, but will only last for an hour or so.