Buying Tickets to Warwick Castle

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 08:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it possible to buy tickets to Warwick Castle at the Marlyebone station? Is there a combination train fare/castle admission ticket available? <BR>Would it be less expensive for 4 people to do this and would we be able to bypass a line at Warwick Castle? Thanks for your help! Laurie
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:38 AM

I was just at Warwick Castle a few days ago, and while I can't answer your first question, there was no line when we arrived. We just walked up and bought tickets.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:50 AM

I also was at Warwick Castle just last week and there was no line at all. Unless you are going in the summer I certainly wouldn't worry about it. In fact, I think in many cases getting tickets ahead is more trouble than it's worth. At the Tower of London we were on the regular line (5 minutes long at 11:00 last Saturday) and the people in front of us, who also waited in that line, got to the ticket booth and said they had bought their tickets over the internet and were told they now had to go stand on another line to get them. Didn't save them any time!<BR><BR>By the way, Warwick Castle was beautiful and the experience one of the highlights of our trip. Definitly go.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:53 AM

When we visited both places in July/August, there were huge lines at the Tower of London an hour before it opened on a Sunday in July, but no lines at all at Warwick.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:11 AM

You can buy tickets on-line through official website http://www.warwick-castle.co.uk/default.asp<BR>
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:21 AM

Laurie, Yes you can buy a combined rail and castle ticket at Marylebone Station. I forget exactly what we paid but it saved us a couple of pounds. For 4 people it would be worth it. We did it more to save $$ then to avoid lines.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your replies. We will be going in the summer. <BR>Thank you very much for the information, Lori. It was exactly what I needed to know! Laurie