Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Buying my ticket online for the Palace of Versailles. Which should I buy?
Notices

Buying my ticket online for the Palace of Versailles. Which should I buy?

Sep 26th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Original Poster

Buying my ticket online for the Palace of Versailles. Which should I buy?

We are going to Paris in November and want to see Palace of Versailles. We are interested in main attendance and also a friend mentioned some kind of tour that involves a headset while you walk around. We do not plan on spending more than 3 hours or so here. Which ticket should we purchase (there are several different options on the Palace of Versailles website.

Thanks!
Sep 26th, 2012, 09:38 AM

If you're only going to spend 3 hours there, just get the ticket for the palace, as you won't have time for much else than that and a bit of a wander around the gardens. It says quite clearly on the website that an audioguide is included in the price of the ticket.
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:30 AM

Well if you are also going to say the Louvre and Orsay museums in Paris and perhaps other museums then it may well behoove you to buy instead of an individual ticket to Versailles the Paris Museum Card instead, covering entrance to Versailles, Louvre, Orsay and dozens of other Paris museums and sites such as the Saint-Chapelle, Notre-Dame Tower, art museums at Pompidou Center and many more - and with it you abort any lines at Versailles as the card gives you priority entrance - buy it in Paris at any museum participating - just the Louvre, Orsay and Versailles over a few-day period of validity may make the pass cost effective plus again you skip any lines and even in off season there can be lines at those places.

not sure if audoguide is included in pass admission but I assume so - St Cirq will know because she/he knows everything there is to know about Paris!
Sep 26th, 2012, 10:33 AM

http://en.parismuseumpass.com/

Paris Museum Pass official site.

check it out!

And if taking RER C to Versailles I think those trains have been nicely decorated with themes of the palace itself.

IMO - do not miss Marie Antoinette's Hameau - which you can walk to or bike to or perhaps take a horse-drawn fiacre to thru the lovely park - where she allegedly played a peasant shepherd gal with cronies - thatched cottages and all with veggie/herb gardens nicely rehabbed in past few years.
Sep 26th, 2012, 11:14 AM

The snarkiness continues...

Search this Thread