Buying musuem tickets before we leave

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 03:13 PM
Laura

Buying musuem tickets before we leave

My husband and I are going to be in Rome and Venice this spring. We are wondering if we should buy musuem tickets before we leave on our trip. We would like to visit the vatican Colosseum, etc. (the usual for first time visitors.) Any suggestions for the best place to buy? Thanks <BR><BR>

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Laura

Has anyone bought musuem passes before they went on their trip?

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Shayne

I don't think you can buy many tickets in advance for Venice and Rome. You can (and should) reserve ahead by phone for the Borghese Gallery. A reservation there is required. For the Colloseum advance tickets aren't needed. For the Vatican I don't think they can be made in advance. The Forum is free. In Venice I don't think you can reserve museums ahead of time.<BR>

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 01:45 AM
Martha

Laura: You can make reservations for the Vatican only by making arrangements in advance for a tour. I can't remember which tour agency we used, but if you do a google search for rome tours or vatican tours, you should come up with a few tour companies. This is about the only way you can avoid the lines as the tickets can't be bought on their own in advance.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 04:21 AM
Myer

I recently lost all of my favorite URLs. In response to a plea for help I received app. 1,000 URLs (over 400 distinct) that I am in the process of cataloging.<BR><BR>Try www.ticketweb.com<BR><BR>Cannot vouche for it but maybe somebody else has used it.<BR>