Buying contemporary furniture in Paris

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 02:49 PM
andi

Buying contemporary furniture in Paris

This may be a totally crazy idea but here goes. I am a fan of a brand of contemporary French furniture called Ligne Roset. I've priced a dining table and chairs here, but was thinking maybe I could buy them in Paris when I'm there in April. It's got to be cheaper, but with shipping fees (which of course figure in the US price) I don't know how much. Has anyone done this? And does anyone know of a Ligne Roset store (or even better, discount outlet) in Paris? How about other contemporary furniture stores where I might get "a deal?"

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 05:45 PM
Marie

There is a store on Avenue du Maine, #85 or so. Go to the frensch yellow pages und you will find several contemp. furniture businesses. There are also Ligne Roset stores in other european country. Bought a bed in Germany. But once you add shipping costs, it is no bargain.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 07:26 AM
andi

Trying again...topping for myself

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Lena

We bought a couch on our trip to Paris last May at Foire de Paris (Paris Ideal Home show) and had it shipped. We didn't do price comparison on how much the same couch would be here because I've never seen anything like it here. Just keep in mind that shipping will not be cheap. However, if you really like something, go for it. It's definitely worth the hassle since it will remind you of your trip for years and years to come.

Old Mar 28th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Annie

Shipping costs from Europe usually aren't as bad as you think. I've only shipped stuff from the U.K., but I've known people to ship large pieces of furniture to the U.S. (sorry, I don't know prices).

But you will likely have to pay customs on it, which together with the shipping costs may wipe out any savings. And you will likely be stuck if there's a probably with the table or chairs.