I posted on here a few days ago asking advice on the best SIM to buy for use in Spain (country of arrival), France, Italy and the UK, during a six week trip in July/August. I mistakenly mainly asked fellow Aussie travellers for their experience but in hindsight realised it is always best to ask locals as you guys are the ones who use the services all the time - and travel within the continent.
I have now realised that buying local is the way to go, rather than pre purchase something here, or using my provider on roaming from home, in Australia.
I have done some research and found some cheap options. orange.es for example seems to offer 1000 texts, calls at 0.01 Euro, and 1GB data, for around 12 Euro, valid for 30 days. Ideally I would like to use the one SIM, to save the hassle of having to find a shop as soon as I arrive in each new country, but can anyone advise on how much more expensive it will be to take the Spanish SIM abroad?
Can someone also please advise on how easy a service such as Orange is to use, how reliable and is it simple to top up once I either use all the credit, or when 30 days have passed?
Many thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 Christmas Markets 2017
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 Le Marche Research Help
- 7 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 8 land vs river cruise
- 9 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 10 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 11 Feedback on where to go (23 Mar to 8 Apr 2018)
- 12 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 13 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 14 Tips for first trip to UK
- 15 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 16 paris to london- day trip
- 17 10 days in europe
- 18 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 19 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 20 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 21 GTG Paris December 2017
- 22 Where to stay in Naples?
- 23 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 24 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 25 European honeymoon help needed
Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also