Buyer's Remorse...

Sep 10th, 2001, 06:00 AM
Gigi

Buyer's Remorse...

Not really. It is so dangerous for me to pick up the Sunday paper and look at the travel section! Yesterday, I snagged a great buy to Paris, $269 roundtrip and with taxes, $344. How could I talk myself into this when I already have an expensive trip to Italy planned for next March, and another trip a year from October???
So, I need your help in finding me a hotel on the cheap. Ideally, if my friend and I could find something for less than $70.00 per night, I would be thrilled. We are going the beginning of December and staying for 7 nights. (I still can't believe I did this!)
Any help would be appreciated! Cheers to you all!!! BIG
Gigi

Sep 10th, 2001, 06:07 AM
elvira

For an inexpensive hotel, in the heart of things:
http://www.franceway.com/hotels/delhys/

Sep 10th, 2001, 06:27 AM
Gigi

Elvira, thanks for the information. I am looking at the website now. It looks as if it is just what I want.
Thanks!
Gigi

Sep 10th, 2001, 06:40 AM
Gretchen

[email protected]

Sep 10th, 2001, 07:18 AM
DOUGLAS

GRAND HOTEL LEVEQUE IN 7TH NICE AND WILL FIT BUDGET

GRAND HOTEL JEANNE D'ARC IN MARAIS SAME DEAL

Sep 10th, 2001, 07:39 AM
Gigi

Wow! This is sooo much fun! Thanks for all the information! Elvira, I talked online with Jules at the Chatroom of the Hotel Service you recommended. How very helpful he is!
I can't thank you all enough. What a fun, crazy thing for me to do. But, that's what life is, no?
Cheers!
Gigi

Sep 10th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Ess

Good for you Gigi! My favorite trips are the spontaneous ones. I usually justify it (even though I'm a budget travler) by saying the bills will always be there (like death and taxes), but I may not always be able to take off on a whim. Have a great time!

Sep 10th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Anna

Travel is so addicting!! Here is the link to the Leveque's website.

http://www.hotel-leveque.com/

Sep 10th, 2001, 09:27 AM
BTilke

If you'd like to stay in the upscale 16th arrond., there are several hotels to pick from, especially in the Michel-Ange Auteuil neighborhood. They include the Hotel Ribera, 66 rue la Fontaine, doubles with private bath and breakfast for $50 a night and the Villa d'Auteuil, 28 rue Poussin, doubles with private bath also $50 a night.
BTilke

Nov 12th, 2001, 07:12 AM
xxx

Hmmmm, it seems that another thread has disappeared, but boy do I have buyer's remorse now.

Nov 12th, 2001, 07:36 AM
Wendy

Gigi! I am too jealous!! I don't leave for Paris until after xmas so you are required to bring back a full report!! I think your impulse trip is wonderful! If not now then when??

Nov 12th, 2001, 08:16 AM
elaine

elvira
I looked up your past postings on the Delhys hotel. The website says they have both singles and doubles with ensuite bathrooms, for an additonal charge of course.
Any other comments to add, pros or cons?
Location looks great.

Nov 12th, 2001, 08:38 AM
Gigi

Well, I ended up booking a hotel at the infamous Rue Cler. The rooms look nice and the rates great. I'll let you know which one upon my return and give you an opinion of it. I like the hotel that Elvira mentioned, my travel companion preferred Rue Cler.
I also liked the Hotel Cardinal. It ran about 600ff per night. Quite a bargain based on what the rooms looked like in the ad. Of course, these are winter rates. I have no idea what they may be a few months from now.

Today puts a damper on the trip. If you note my first posting date, it was one day before the WTC.

Nov 12th, 2001, 10:44 AM
cheryl

Gigi - If I beg you will you take me with you? Green eyed monster is rearing his
head...I love Paris and have wanted to go back ever since I was there. Don't regret your decision and have a
wonderful time.