Buy Chunnel tickets here or UK?

Apr 23rd, 1999, 05:55 PM
Kristine

Buy Chunnel tickets here or UK?

We plan on taking the Chunnel from London to Brussels in the end of May. I called the 1-800 for fares. The ticket choice is confusing but I think I want Leisure 2nd Class. I was told that ticket was $109 plus $10 delivery. When I asked if the fare would be the same if tickets bought in UK, she couldn't answer. Do I book ahead from home or wait and book when I get to London? Any fare difference? Does anyone know?

Apr 25th, 1999, 04:21 PM
Danni

I can only tell you that we made a sudden decision on one trip to take the Chunnel. I had not booked ahead as I felt it was out of our budget on that trip. We called and happened to get a special that if I remember correctly was only about $80.00. I can't tell you if that happens often.

Apr 25th, 1999, 04:21 PM
Danni

I can only tell you that we made a sudden decision on one trip to take the Chunnel. I had not booked ahead as I felt it was out of our budget on that trip. We called and happened to get a special that if I remember correctly was only about $80.00. I can't tell you if that happens often.

May 4th, 1999, 06:28 PM
gwp

We called the direct # in London (you can get it from the Eurostar website) for a Paris to London roundtrip and got significantly better fares (they offer the whole range of fares, if they're not sold out) than by calling the US 1-800 #. We reserved the fare with a credit card # (charged in pounds). They gave us a booking # to pick up the tix with, and mailed out a confirmation form. Everything went smoothly at the train station. And, you can call the UK for .11/min anytime (at least from PA) by dialing 10-10-147 and then the entire # starting with 011 (I sound like those annoying TV ads, but it's great). You won't get a last minute special this way, though some of the reserved fares can be cancelled without penalty until an hour or so prior, in case you find a better price once you're there.

May 4th, 1999, 06:48 PM
Marcel

We booked the tickets via the 1 800 line and when we got to London I recall commenting that the price to book there was somewhat lower. I also remember, however, feeling that I was ok with the price difference considering I had a reserved seat with no hassle while on vacation. Also, as an asides, be prepared for major smoke inhalation, there is little refuge! Enjoy your trip.