Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Buy airline ticket through www.economytravel.com (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/buy-airline-ticket-through-www-economytravel-com-120161/)

michael Apr 25th, 2001 05:25 AM

Buy airline ticket through www.economytravel.com

I'm wondering if anybody has bought airline tickets throught www.economytrabel.com <BR>Thanks

Darlene Apr 25th, 2001 07:33 AM

Michael, <BR>I just purchased tickets (5) for our trip to France this August a few weeks ago from economytravel.com. Our dates are not flexible, we have 5 travellers and want to fly non-stop so we already had three strikes against us as far as booking leverage. I had been checking fares since early January and economytravel was consistently the lowest. We are traveling non-stop (which is always more expensive than flights with connections)from San Diego to London then London to Paris. The price was even cheaper than calling the carrier British Airways. I will comment that their refund/cancellation policy is very steep ($150 per ticket) so short of a major disaster we are committed. For the final booking I did call economytravel personally and did the booking with one of their agents and the price was even a few $ cheaper than quoted on the net. They will also hold your reservation for a few days if you call them personally. Delivery of tickets was via Fed Ex and arrived from Atlanta to San Diego in three days. I did stumble upon the site hotwire.com (after I purchased through economytravel) and found tickets to London with one connection for $190 cheaper. They are somewhat like priceline but with more flexibility. You still don't know the time of travel or where your connections will be until you commit. You might want to check their site out. Hope this helps.

Georgine Apr 25th, 2001 02:29 PM

Dear Michael, <BR> <BR>I helped some family buy tickets through Economy Travel for a late June trip to Frankfurt, with return from Vienna. <BR> <BR>As Darlene stated, agents were very helpful and tickets arrived Fed Ex within 3 days ---prices at the time were the best we found anywhere. <BR> <BR>

Rex Apr 25th, 2001 03:14 PM

Maybe I've lost sight of the strides made recently in web-based consolidators, but this site looks very good to me. Although the advantages of a "group desk" fare are considerable (primarily flexibility), my initial look at these prices really opened my eyes. Of course, certain sale prices could end up better if you are looking for the fall - - but then again, maybe you'll blink and end up with a worse price, too. <BR> <BR>We are using the prices from this EconomyTravel website as the foundation, and will compare any other option against what they have to offer in trying to figure out "our" budget (for the "Fodorites trip" to Italy this fall). <BR> <BR>I believe that Annette (one of the other trip participants) plans to compile some lists of other websites she has of other consolidators. <BR> <BR>Many thanks, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Ann Apr 12th, 2002 02:38 PM

Anyone used economytravel lately, any comments? thanks.

ttt Apr 13th, 2002 01:37 AM

topping<BR>

Rex Apr 13th, 2002 12:59 PM

I'm not sure who (n.w.?) who topped this, but it appears to coincide with an e-mail I recently received about this. I was about to tell that person that I had never heard of www.economytravel.com - - I had quite honestly forgotten that we had used this as a benchmark last spring. I did not purchase anything from them nor at any other time ever.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Cor Apr 13th, 2002 10:04 PM

Prices do look great. I would appreciate comments from anyone who has used them. Thanks. Cor

jan Apr 26th, 2002 03:36 PM

THIS IS A WARNING, DO NOT USE JUSTFARES.COM.<BR><BR>They have horrible customer service. They will hang up on you. They accused me not understanding the contents of their website. He asked me how much did I pay for the ticket and from whom. They are not reputable at all. Please use your own discretion if you decide to do business with them. They do not have the level of customer service like expedia or orbitz. This is a small business and the owner of the company is obnoxiously rude. He is the one who asked where I purchase my ticket and how much. When I asked what his name was and his reply was "john". I asked for his last name, he hung up the phone.<BR>I did indeed found his name in the BBB.<BR>His name is Munish Sangar and his CEO Alka Sangar.

Kelley Apr 27th, 2002 03:14 PM

I found better airfare prices thru onetravel.com