I just returned from a vacation to York and Edinburgh (some trip notes to come soon).
I remember seeing buskers on my last trip in 2010 to Edinburgh. I don't remember seeing people straight begging (sitting on sidewalk with cardboard sign). I saw one in York and 4-5 in Edinburgh.
Most of the Edinburgh folk who were straight begging also had dogs with them. One dog held a cap in his teeth. The others just slept.
I was really uncomfortable with the dog holding the cap. Yes, it attracted me to want to donate. I did not like how thin the dog was (complete skin-and-bones, no, but definitely on very thin side). I ended up walking on, not sure what to do, and uncomfortable with both the moving on and maybe putting in coin. If I had put in some coins, I really wondered if more food would be given the dog.
If someone is singing/playing instrument .. do you donate? how do you decide the yes/no? and if yes, then how much?
People sitting on the sidewalk with signs begging for funds .. do you donate? how do you decide the yes/no? and if yes, then how much?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 शिकार CHARTER 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset CHARTER Tec*h care
- 2 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 3 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 4 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 2 week May trip with kids
- 7 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 8 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 9 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 10 Sleep at Heathrow
- 11 Rail vs. Plane
- 12 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 13 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Self Drive UK tour
- 16 Where to See Flamenco
- 17 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 18 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 19 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 20 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 21 Airport Transfer
- 22 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.