Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Business class comfort in Swissair, Lufthansa and AirFrance (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/business-class-comfort-in-swissair-lufthansa-and-airfrance-288407/)

RobynFrance Jan 20th, 2008 10:23 AM

Business class comfort in Swissair, Lufthansa and AirFrance

We are planning to travel to Budapest and return from Prague starting from either Miami or Charlotte. Have started hearing about uncomfortable seating in business class on Swissair, possibly Lufthansa in recent international flights.

Can anyone please let me know of recent experience on any of the above--main routes considered are Charlotte-Munich (Lufthansa), Miami-Zurich (swis) and Miami-Paris (AF).

Many many thanks--we have to do our final booking by midnight tomorrow.

Take care,
Robyn France

Surie Jan 20th, 2008 11:25 AM

I've flown business class on Lufthansa in the past year and thought it was great-- comfortable seats, good movies, good food, nice flight attendants, etc.

Have a good trip!

traveller1959 Jan 20th, 2008 11:45 AM

I have flown Lufthansa Business Class several times on the routes München-Los Angeles and Frankfurt-Atlanta.

Business Class on transatlantic Lufthansa flights is top-notch: State-of-the-art seats (electrically converting into flat beds), good food, wines, service.

RobynFrance Jan 20th, 2008 01:44 PM

Many thanks for your responses. That is great news!

copain1 Jan 20th, 2008 01:48 PM

Business class in Lufthansa is awesome. You will be very pleased.

Now if I could just convert all my AA miles to Luthansa, that would be great.

scatcat Jan 20th, 2008 02:08 PM

I have flown Swiss business class several times(FF miles). It was extra nice. The flight attendants were some of the best. Even the food was edible, and I am very picky. I've only flown the route from ORD-ZRH. Since Swiss is no longer affiliated with AA, I probably won't be doing that again.

RobynFrance Jan 20th, 2008 03:27 PM

Hi Scatcat--thanks so much for your response. Can u let me know please if you found the business seats comfortable and how they were for sleeping?

Many thanks.
Robyn France

Iregeo Jan 20th, 2008 03:35 PM

I, too, very much enjoyed my recent business class flight on Swiss from LAX - ZUR. Excellent service, food, wine and comfort. The seats were VERY comfortable, however, a bit difficult for sleeping. They do not recline to completely flat beds, as do the seats in Swiss's first class. I couldn't seem to "iron out" a hump in the seat which hit me in the middle. Maybe had something to do with my size...or lack thereof! In any event, I enjoyed this flight much more than the return flight on US Air's business class, in every respect.

scatcat Jan 20th, 2008 07:46 PM

No, the seats in business class do not make into a bed as in first, but I did okay getting a little sleep. My seat reclined nicely and the foot rest helped a lot. It is definitely much better than coach. The only other airline tht I can compare to is AA, and I like Swiss MUCH better.

hypatia Jan 20th, 2008 08:35 PM

I flew to Paris on Air France...hardly anyone in business and 1 guy in first...The food was great...loved the cheese course and desserts and the chanpagne..The Flight att. were bossy( no bending rules) but other than that it was nice