Bus to Borghese Galleria?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do any of you know what bus you take to the Borghese Galleria from the Piazza Navona area? I seem to recall having seen something on this board a while back, however, I've done a search but can't seem to find it. If any of you can help me out with this, it would certainly be appreciated. I'm leaving for Rome in a couple of days and would like to have this info before I leave.<BR><BR>Thanks, TopFlight4
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 03:29 PM
ira

Hi<BR> You can access the Florence bus system at http://www.ataf.net/Default_EN.asp
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 04:54 PM

There is a local bus that runs through the Piazza Navonna to the Borghese Gallery. I beieve it is the # 16. I can't swear to it but someone at your hotel can get you the correct bus number. Just stay on it to the very end of the line. It runs throught the Via Veneto and will take about a half hour to get there. Be sure to pick up your local bus ticket at the nearest Tobacco or newspaper stands. Riding the local bus was fun and cheaper but a taxi would be more convenient and quicker. The Borghese Gallery was one of the highlights of Rome during my visit there last summer. It was spectacular. Be sure to bring your passport or a copy of it to rent an audiophone for your tour. There is a small cafeteria in the Gallery for a quick lunch while you wait to get in. They only let 300 people in every 2 hours or so so it is a good idea to make a reservation ahead of time by calling the day before.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

aneckc,<BR><BR>Thanks for the information. We alrady have our reservations for next Saturday morning, just trying to figure out the best way to get there. The Borghese sounds like a great place to visit. We leave for Rome in the morning <BR><BR>Regards, TopFlight4
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:29 AM
ira

OOPS, please pardon my mispost.
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 08:32 AM

I think this should help you with bus info in Rome<BR>www.atac.roma.it
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 10:51 AM

Don't forget two other fine museums in the park--the Etruscan Museum and the Modern Art Museum.<BR><BR>And, from letsgo.com, &quot;The villa's art is not limited to its museums; in the Giardino del Lago (Garden of the Lake), Jacopo della Porta's Tritons look suspiciously like those in Piazza Navona. These are the real thing, moved here in 1984---the ones in Piazza Navona are copies.&quot;