Bus Stations - Are they Safe??

Aug 27th, 2003, 07:05 AM
n_marquis

Bus Stations - Are they Safe??

As an alternate to Madrid & Toledo(return), and then Madrid & Segovia(return), the train times are not working into our schedule. Segovia has flexible times but it does not allow enough time to change trains in order to catch the Toledo train. I know there is a bus from Madrid to Segovia, but how about from Madrid to Toledo??? Also, we are travelling with travelpaks only(Large knapsacks), and from other comments on various sites, have read that the bus stations are not that safe, and the chances of being pickpocketed or robbed are increased if you go to the bus stations. Is this true or exaggerated? Help on any of the above would be appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Aug 27th, 2003, 08:22 AM

The Estacion Sur de Autobuses is I believe the largest in Madrid and has security personnel on patrol inside, as well as a police office, so is quite safe.
However, in any city public transportation area do keep your belongings close by & not an easy prey for snatch & run thieves or pickpockets.
Aug 27th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Intrepid

How much time do you feel is "not enough" to change trains..you may have made an incorrect assumption.
In any public transport "hub" INCLUDING airports I think it is always wise to keep your belongings under constant surveillance, wear a money belt, etc. I think that is the only kind of crime, i.e., theft, that you have to be worried about.

Search this Thread