Notices

Bus from Shannon to Galway

Jun 10th, 2015, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

Bus from Shannon to Galway

Hi all,
I will need to get the bus from Shannon airport to Galway city on Friday 6/12. My question is, can I buy my ticket on the bus or at the airport or do I have to book in advance? Thanks so much!
Jun 10th, 2015, 05:03 PM

http://www.buseireann.ie/ Usually you can buy from the ticket machine by the bus stop or there will be a kiosk that sells tickets. I have never flown into Shannon but that is how it is in Dublin.
Jun 11th, 2015, 11:19 AM

Sorry..

You will pay on the bus at Shannon, you can pre book for travel and print a ticket before you set off or there is an eticket option. fare is around €15 from memory so if you have a €20 note you will be fine, offering a €50 note might get stern looks.

There are 2 ATM's in SNN the first is straight in front of you as you join the concourse from Arrivals, that gets hammered and might only have €50 notes. The second machine is by departures bag drop and the currency exchange booth (dont use) and gets less traffic so most chance of drawing smaller notes.

timetable
http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360753025-051.pdf not the most user friendly service for early and late arrival/departures which is why I am on the road there at 5am tomorrow!
Jun 11th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much!!!

Search this Thread