Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Burberry Outlet (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/burberry-outlet-118997/)

Jenni Apr 18th, 2001 12:01 PM

Burberry Outlet

I heard there is a Burberry outlet in London. Is it easy to get there by public transportation? <BR>Thanks.

wes fowler Apr 18th, 2001 12:32 PM

Jenni, <BR>Burberry's is located on Haymarket. The nearest tube station is Piccadilly Circus served by the Bakerloo and Piccadilly underground lines. You'll have a short walk to Haymarket and then about a two block walk down Haymarket to Burberry's retail shop.

xxx Apr 18th, 2001 01:05 PM

Wes, I think Jenni may be looking for a Burberry outlet store where last season, irregular or overstocks are sold at reduced price. I have no info on such an outlet, but if anyone does, please let Jenni know.

MT Apr 18th, 2001 01:59 PM

The outlet is located at 29 Chatham Place, E9 (Bus #30). About a 45 min ride. <BR> <BR>0181-985-3344 call for store hours as they are untraditional. <BR> <BR>Got this info from "Born to Shop: London" by Suzy Gershman <BR> <BR>Tell me how it goes.

Elsa Apr 18th, 2001 03:45 PM

I was talking with a salesman in the Wedgewood store in London, and he told me that the Burberry raincoat is cheaper in the USA - so check out the price here before you purchase one in England. Maybe in the outlet store it is less expensive.

Kimerley Apr 18th, 2001 03:47 PM

You can also buy good quality second hand Burberry's at Camden Markets. Plus levi jeans

SAM Apr 18th, 2001 10:05 PM

That telephone number given by MT is one of the old London numbers. Try 020 8985 3344. They give opening hoours and travel directions on a recorded delivery.

Mel Apr 19th, 2001 07:37 AM

There was a Burberry outlet store in Edinburgh that closed last summer, but friends who live there told me it's re-opening in a new location in a few months. I don't believe the addresses given for London locations are outlets, but are regular retail stores. In London, I've been surprised to find the prices better when you go to a small specialty store than the Burberry stores. The specialty stores actually put Burberry items on sale. Look for the items in the windows of places on Oxford St., Regent St. off Piccadilly and Brompton Road in Knightsbridge (very near the Burberry store itself!)

Mike Apr 19th, 2001 11:01 AM

Burberry are represented at Bicester Village, about 1 hour by train from London. This is the only major designer outlet location I know of in England. Try www.bicestervillage.com for limited info.

jeannine Apr 19th, 2001 11:13 AM

They have Burberry outlets in the US. Reading, PA and Woodbury Commons, NY in the northeast that I know about--probably others in outlet centers in US. The prices are VERY good compared to a Burberry retail store in the US--not sure how they compare to UK, but I also imagine its much cheaper in the US.

Maggie Apr 19th, 2001 11:54 AM

Another US Burberry Outlet is in Manchester, Vermont.