Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
Notices

Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015

Dec 27th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Original Poster

Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015

My brother and I are 23 and 22, respectively. We are a planning trip to central Europe for the first part of June. Here is our prospective route:

Day 1: Berlin
Day 4: Prague (train from Berlin)
Day 8: Cesky Krumlav (Train from Prague)
Day 9: Vienna (Bus/Train from Cesky Krumlav)
Day 12: Salzburg (Train from Vienna)
Day 14: Munich (Train from Salzburg)
Day 17: Home in USA (Flight from Munich)

Please let us know any suggestions you may have - this is just a rough plan we came up with. Feel free to re-arrange / change any part of our planned trip - logistics, cities, order, etc.

Also, if you have any suggested places to go or sights to see within each of our destinations, please let us know.

Thank you!
Dec 28th, 2014, 04:18 AM

I've only been to the last three. I would rather spend 3 days in Salzburg and two in Vienna was enough for me. Write down what you plan in doing each day to get an idea of how much time you would need.
Dec 28th, 2014, 04:08 PM

I agree with bigtyke. I was in Vienna for two nights, which was enough for me. Also in Salzburg 2 nights and would have liked more there. I'm really not a "big city" girl.
Dec 28th, 2014, 10:09 PM

I live in Vienna and have visited all of the cities on your itinerary. I think the order of travel is fine. However, if Day 1 is your arrival day, that really leaves 2 days in Berlin; if Day 4 is your travel day, you have 3 days in Prague, and so forth. Unless each of your destinations is an absolute must, I would remove one to reduce the travel and increase the sightseeing. As bigtyke suggested, make a list of what you intend to see and do in each city, along with the travel time between each, and that should help set your itinerary.

Search this Thread