Reload this Page >

Budget hotels Rome/Florence/Venice/Milan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:30 AM
Rick

Our family of three (including 13 year old son)will be visiting Italy for 3-4 weeks in June, traveling primarily by train We are looking for triple rooms in the $100/night range that are CLEAN with decent locations in Rome, Florence, Venice, and Milan.<BR>Thanks!

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:37 AM
Grasshopper

In Venice try Hotel Marin. www.hotelmarin.it It's near the train station, in a fairly quiet alley and has clean rooms for under $100. Also a great breakfast and friendly helpful staff. Book soon. It fills fast.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 09:07 AM
sandi

I would try www.venere.com where you can search for hotels in each of the cities you mentioned and by any price range. My husband, son (13 yrs old) and I spent 2 weeks in Italy in 2000 and averaged about $150.00 per night for the 3 of us. Just remember that it's easy to get a room for $100.00 for 2 but when you add the third person the rate definitely goes up...and we didn't stay in very "fancy" hotels. Plus, you're travelling during the "high" season which will be at higher rates than later in the year.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 10:55 AM
Sandy

Rome: Hotel Bianca, Via Volturno 48, ph 44-40-672, fax 44-68-605, we stayed here in Mar 97, rm 52, 120,000 ($73), 3 beds, bath, 2**. Very nice. Go out front door of train station, cross the parking lot/park, veer right and you'll run into Volturno. Hotel is on right about 1 block up. Can see train station from hotel. <BR><BR>Florence: Il Bargellino, Via Guelfa 87<BR>www.ilbargellino.com; email: [email protected]. We've stayed here 4-5 times and recommended it to our friends who have loved it, too. Easy to find, American owner (and Italian hubby), clean, we paid about $60 for a double and we know they have triples.<BR><BR>To get there: With back to tracks at train station, exit left, cross the street, head right towards McDonald's. McD is on Nazionale. Turn left at the corner onto Nazionale (there is usually a belt vendor there), walk on left side of street, go about 4 blocks. You'll pass Faenza and then Guelfa will be the next street. Turn left onto Guelfa and the hotel is on left about 2 blocks down, look for sign. About 1 block down on the right is a vino e olio shop--good place to buy wine.<BR><BR>Milan: Hotel Ada, Via Sammartini 15, 669-826-32. We stayed here in Oct 98, had #207, with 2 twin beds, full bath, wardrobe, desk, room had pull out/down double bed in wall, phone, good lights, color TV w/remote, our room (and probably 208) had a huge balcony, 120,000/night ($74 inc. breakfast--coffee, sweet rolls).<BR><BR>To get there from RR station: With back to the tracks, go out into the main hall and go right towards the Information Center, go down the escalator and out the door, cross the street and go right to Sammartini, you can see the sign for Hotel Ada on the left. Great small penzionne. <BR><BR>Sorry, can't help with Venice, we stayed at the Riva and the rooms were too small for the 2 of us, no way for 3.<BR><BR>Good luck and have a great trip,<BR>Sandy <BR>

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 05:41 PM
Rita

Rick, you can try Al Campaniel in Venice. It's a guest house which opened in 1999. I have also made a reservation there in the coming Easter. I have asked for a 'superior' room with one 180cm x 190cm bed and one single bed and they just charge Euro 94 or 87 if you pay by cash. Seems to be a nice place to stay. Their website is http://alcampaniel.tripod.com/venezia/id6.html. Have fun.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 03:15 AM
Rick

Thanks for the info so far. I would certainly appreciate any other suggestions to check out.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 08:37 AM
Vita

May be on the higher end but try Pensione Panda (www.hotelpandaparadise.com) in Rome near Spanish Steps. Rooms are small but very clean. Good staff.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 09:08 AM
DougD

In Venice, the hotel Galleria is a great find. Under $100 a night, very charming, tiny hotel, right on the grand canal. The rooms are small, but clean, and most of them open right onto the canal. The location is also primo - right next to the Academia museum.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 09:22 AM
robin-k

I've also stayed at Hotel Galleria. Budget hotel & reasonably priced for its' location. Probably the least expensive place on the Grand Canal. Right next to the Accademia bridge (walk across to St. Marks) and the Accademia vaparetto stop (take vaparetto 1 or 82 from train station). I don't know if it has triples. It's a small place, only 10 or 11 rooms. Have their own website (URL eludes me at moment) and I e-mailed them directly when making reservations for a stay in Oct-99.