Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Budget hotels in Paris that are not too musty

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:00 AM
Carolyn

Anyone out there know of a nice hotel in Paris--- good location, not too noisy, clean sheets.... but preferably on the cheaper side ($50-$75/ night for a double)? I stayed in a $20 place last time I was there and it was perfectly good for one night, but my tastes have refined just a bit since then...... Merci!

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:36 AM
zootsi

We stayed at the Deux Acacia a few years ago. It is a small,clean hotel on a quiet side street about 2 blocks from the Arch de Triumpe (sorry about my spelling!)It was about $85 a night back then.

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:41 AM
Sue

Carolyn, I responded on the other thread, but I might as well copy it here:

Carolyn, Hotel de la Sorbonne on www.france.com in the Latin Quarter has availability for June and is in your price range, with good customer comments. I've used this booking service several times and it has always been quite reliable.

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:46 AM
s.fowler

Our choice: http://www.france-hotel-guide.com/h7...ttepicquet.htm

Apr 1st, 2002, 09:15 AM
MJ

Try Hotel de Nice, it is located on Rue de Rivoli in the Marais. We stayed there several years ago and were pleasantly surprised. Its in a fantastic location, walking distance to Notre Dame, Louve, etc. Also, try this fantastic website that I have used for my more Paris travel it is www.hotelboulevard.com. I had a great experience using this site.

Apr 1st, 2002, 09:56 AM
Leslie

A friend and I took our daughters just recently and we stayed at Les Relais de Paris Saint Martin in the 10th arrondisement. Rooms go for about 76 Euros, which is slightly less than that in US dollars. The people at the hotel were very helpful, and it was only one block from the Metro. The neighborhood was safe and very multi-ethnic.