budget hotels in Luzern and Schaffhausen

Feb 25th, 2001, 05:27 PM
june

budget hotels in Luzern and Schaffhausen

Can anyone recommend the Hotel Loewengraben in Lucerne or other budget hotels there?

Am also looking for recommendations for budget or moderately priced hotels in Schaffhausen.
Thanks a lot.

Feb 25th, 2001, 11:27 PM
Ursula

June: maybe you check the official site of the Swiss tourist office. You'll find almost all hotels in Switzerland (English version available). www.swisshotels.com
Lucerne is definitely more expensive than Schaffhausen, but you'll have more choice. If you need further infos regarding location, pls write. Good luck!

Feb 26th, 2001, 04:10 AM
Ursula

June: Regarding the Lowengraben in Lucerne: go to www.loewengraben.ch (Eglish site available). It looks quite special. It was the former jail house of Lucerne. Well located and completely renovated in 2000. I think it's quite fun there in a cell. All papers wrote about it when opened last year. But I suppose you have to book quite some time in advance.

Mar 5th, 2001, 06:31 PM
june

Ursula,
Thankyou for your quick reply. I have booked a room at the Loewengraben Jail Hotel. I appreciate the information you sent. It looks very nice, and I think it will be fun to stay there. June

Feb 28th, 2002, 11:30 PM
Ursula

Topping for Donna.
The Loewengraben is a budget place in Lucerne and is supposed to be fun.

Mar 1st, 2002, 04:32 AM
Warden

Just remember that they lock you in and the only way out of the cell is by paying your room bill each morning. If you do not pay they send in their special cell mate (Ol' Bubba) to give you some of that good old jail house loving.....if you get my drift!