Budget hotels in Bologna's city center

Old Jan 18th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Budget hotels in Bologna's city center

Hello,
I can find no information on budget accomodations in Bologna's city center. By budget, I am hoping to find something in the $80 US/night range, or less. I have seen some places cited on Expedia/Orbitz, etc. in that range, but they seem to be a ways out of the center. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I will be arriving in the city by train.

Thanks
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 09:39 AM

I recommend the B&B Miramonte, but it is on the opposite side of the old town from the train station:

http://www.emmeti.it/Welcome/Emilia/.../index.uk.html
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 10:21 AM

I've stayed at the Albergo Centrale (in 2004), which is just a couple of blocks from the Piazza Maggiore--you don't get more central than that. They have a new website: http://www.albergocentralebologna.it/.
The staff were very nice and helpful. I booked with them via email and had no problems. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel, as there are plenty of cafes to grab a cappuccino and cornetto nearby.
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 10:23 AM

Cheaper still, by the way, is the Albergo Panorama, only a block from the Albergo Centrale. I haven't stayed there since 1996, though, so can't comment on it from recent experience. I think that one was all shared bathrooms (I know I had a single no bath). I had a lovely view though. Their website is: http://www.hotelpanoramabologna.it/
(it doesn't say about the baths, so I'd ask about that one, maybe they've renovated).
Old Jan 18th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the ideas. DejaVu, I was having problems accessing Albergo Panorama's reservation portion of their website. Is it possible the hotel has changed names, etc.?
Old Jan 19th, 2006, 07:57 AM

I clicked on the link on the page and got a reservation page just fine. In Italian, but it is one. There's an email address too. I couldn't tell you how well they do on email or with English b/c I haven't stayed there since 1996. (Back then I reserved by fax and in Italian since I speak it enough to do so.) I see they do call themselves "Hotel Panorama" on the website, but since albergo means hotel, that's pretty much the same thing.