I will be going for a 4 week solo Europe trip (female in mid 20s) and planning to spend a week in Switzerland in June. My Itinerary had my base in Switzerland as Montreux, Wengen and then moving on to Lucerne. Problem is - I am on a budget!! And it seems like there are no hostels or cheap accommodations in this area. Can anyone please help me? Below is my current itinerary and I am looking to spend less than $100 US Dollars a night in both Montreux and Lucerne. Is this even feasible? I am perfectly fine with B&Bs or youth hostels, I just need a place to sleep. Youth hostel in Montreux is sold out for my dates. I am willing to spend on a good accommodation in Wengen. If I cannot find a budget accommodation, then I have to change my base to Geneva (for Montreux) and to Zurich (for Lucerne) .
Day 1: Leave from Paris to Geneva, non-stop train takes 4 hours. Depart for Montreux right away and explore the city, hotel in Montreux
Day 2: Explore Montreux and a trip to Chillion and Vevey vineyards, hotel in montreux
Day 3: Take the golden pass train from Montreux to Interlaken and then get to Wengen, stay in Wengen
Day 4: Mannlichen to Kleinee Schidegg (KS) hike and go up to Jungfrau, stay in wengen
Day 5: Hike to Murren and Schilthorn or decide to spend time in Gimmelwald if the weather is bad, stay in wengen
Day 6: Get to Lucerne via golden pass train and spend the day exploring the lake, hotel in Lucerne
Day 7: More time in Lucerne and Weggis (option is Mt Pilatus via the lake steamers and cogwheels), hotel in Lucerne
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visit to France
- 2 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 3 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 4 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 5 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 8 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 12 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 13 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 14 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 15 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 16 First time in Spain
- 17 Packing Champagne
- 18 Manchester hotels
- 19 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 20 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 21 Barcelona to Malaga
- 22 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 23 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 24 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 25 Where to leave luggage while touring Amsterdam for 10 hours