Budapest walking tour

Aug 16th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Budapest walking tour

We are interested in talking a walking tour of Budapest but are confused by the prices quoted in Rick Steves Eastern Europe and what we've found online. For example, Steves says the 3.5-hour Absolute Walking Tour will cost 4500 Ft (which I calculate to be about 14.50 euros or $21 Canadian). However, on the Walking Tour site, the price after the 25% online discount (and the RICK coupon) is quoted as 34 euros or $49.50 Canadian. Does anyone know what the tour would cost if I just pay on the spot?

Also, I may do the Free Walking Tour instead, as many here have recommended it.
Aug 16th, 2015, 09:41 AM

You cannot use printed guide books for specific costs - since they change much more quickly than the books can be updated and reprinted. Google the actual web site to get current prices.

The guide book costs are useful only for comparisons - that is if a hotel or restaurant is budget, modest, moderate or upscale - useless for exact prices.
Aug 16th, 2015, 02:07 PM

Please do try the "free" Budapest Walking tours:
http://www.triptobudapest.hu

You probably know that at the end of the tour, you'll pay the guide what you feel it's worth. We did three tours with them; all were excellent, but we especially enjoyed the Communist tour, led by Anna who was truly fabulous and shared family stories and insights into life under communism. Very, very interesting.

We subsequently learned that we could book directly with her via:

https://ourbudapesttours.wordpress.com

Search this Thread