budapest tour guide recommendation

May 15th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Original Poster

budapest tour guide recommendation

My husband, 23 year old daughter & I just returned from a European trip. Because we only had 1 1/2 days in Budapest and dont speak the language we hired a private tour guide to show us the city. Her name is Gabriella Torok and we highly recommend using her service. Gabriella is delightful and well-versed in Hungarian history, culture and current events. She provides transportation and will tailor the tour to whatever you express interest in seeing. In addition, Gabriella had excellent recommendations for restaurants and other activities so that you can really experience Budapest and not just do the touristy things.
We felt the cost was very reasonable and well worth the money as we did not waste our short time there trying to decide where to go and how to get there--we also learned a lot about Hungary and the Hungarian people, past and present. For more information, check out her website:
http://www.privatetoursbudapest.com

You may also email me at [email protected] com with any specific ?s

Oct 4th, 2007, 06:00 AM

We used Gabriella on our 1st trip to budapest in early 2000.

on our return trip we used http://www.budapesthungary.hu who were great. Their guide, Michael was english and was always there to help.

Take care now though, there is new laws in place. Guides now have to be officially recognised in Hungary and the company should be able to provide proof.

I don't think budapest hungary has a licensed guide anymore as they don't even advertise the service this year so i would go back and definately recommend private tours and gabriella

Search this Thread