I have a chance to spend a week in either Budapest or Stockholm next Spring.
Budapest: never been on my bucket list but I've been hearing great things about it.
Stockholm, my time there (not by choice) would coincide with Eurovision 2016. The hotels are expensive. Yet the city is one I am interested to see.
Also the ease of navigation is important to me i.e. which city is more accessible by public transport or on foot. Also are the locals friendly, speak English, and how interesting is the cultural experience.
I am less into monuments and more into museums and wandering around interesting neighborhoods, also the walkability of a city is a big factor for me.
Food is also important.
Finally would Stockholm become unbearably crowded during the Eurovision?
Any insight is highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 2 Budget trip
- 3 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 4 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Driving
- 7 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 8 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 9 Algarve Town Selection
- 10 Tips for first trip to UK
- 11 paris to london- day trip
- 12 Browsing Barcelona
- 13 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 14 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 19 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 20 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 21 Portugal
- 22 Pisa Central to Hotel Kinzica at late night.
- 23 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 24 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 25 GTG Paris December 2017