My cousins and I (4 women, mid 40s - early 50s) are going to Budapest. We're looking to visit another city nearby to complete our trip. We were considering Prague until we found out the train ride is 7 hours long. Vienna was also another option but all of us have been there already.
Can anyone suggest another city that is a train ride (around 2-3 hours? Max 5?) away? Hopefully a city of history and art and that is safe and nice to walk around. We're only planning to spend max 3 days in the other city (that's inclusive of travel time).
Or would you recommend flying to Prague on Czech Air?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 2 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 3 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 4 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 5 South of France
- 6 Family vacation
- 7 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Yet another London Hotel Question
- 10 which language school in Italy?
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 14 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Dubrovnik
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 19 Christmas in South of Spain 2018
- 20 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 21 Driving
- 22 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 23 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 24 Christmas Markets 2017
- 25 Budget trip